Terms and Conditions
Updated 4th May 2011 at 14:15 GMTDescription of Trust a Friend
Trust a Friend allows you to read and share reviews and recommendations.
Instead of relying on all your friends being on the same site, Trust a Friend automatically analyses the data to bring you the highest quality reviews, just as a friend would.
Non-exhaustive list of terms used in this document
- Terms and Conditions
- This document in its entirety, to which you must agree in order to use this website.
- Trust a Friend
- This website centred around the trustafriend.com domain, and administered by vLife Systems Ltd.
- A collection of pages which you reach and access through a web browser or similar technology and is generally centred around one domain, such as trustafriend.com.
- In this document it is used as a Synonym for Website.
Your use of this website and any other associated website operated by Trust a Friend and accessed by you through the website shall be governed by these Terms and Conditions, unless express provision is made to the contrary by Trust a Friend in writing.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
Trust a Friend reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions at any time for any reason with out giving notice of any kind beyond changing the date of the Terms and Conditions on this page. Any changes or modification will be effective upon posting of the revisions and changing the date of the Terms and Conditions on this page. Your continued use of this site following the posting of its changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, you should frequently review the Terms and Conditions so as to understand them, and be aware of any changes.
- You must be 13 or over to use this site.
- Trust a Friend reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
- You agree that you are wholly responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof.
- You agree that you will use the website in compliance with all applicable local, state, regional, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of data exported from your country of residence.
- You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to:
- Upload, transmit, promote or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, untrue, invasive of privacy, presents a person or organisation in a false light, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, contains viruses, contains code/files/programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy, limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunication equipment or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by Trust a Friend.
- Upload, transmit or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations.
- Prevent others from using the website.
- Upload, transmit or otherwise distribute any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other forms of solicitation or advertisement commercial or otherwise.
- Use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose.
- Promote your own or your employer's business or hinder a competitors business. In the event that Trust a Friend discovers that you have acted in contravention of this clause it reserves the right to publish a statement on the website detailing your actions.
- Use any data from this website in any legal action, without the express written permission of Trust a Friend.
- Use the Website in such a way that the website becomes interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient or in any way impaired.
- Violation of the Terms and Conditions may subject you to legal proceedings.
- Trust a Friend reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the website in order to determine whether a violation of the Terms and Conditions has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Your use of the website is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the entirety of the Terms and Conditions.
- You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the website provided such link does not portray Trust a Friend or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner. You may not use a Trust a Friend logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of Trust a Friend whether registered or not to link to this site without the express written permission of Trust a Friend. This limited right may be revoked at any time.
- You acknowledge and agree that Trust a Friend is not responsible either directly or indirectly for any transactions you may enter into through such other websites or any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance of such websites or goods and services available on or through any such website.
- This website may contain or third parties may provide links to other websites or resources which are not under our control. You acknowledge and agree that Trust a Friend does not endorse and is not responsible in any way for the contents or availability of these links. Nor are we responsible for any content posted on these sites as a result of the services we provide, nor for the comments posted in response to the information provided.
If you have linked your blog to Trust a Friend, the following applies:
- You agree that Trust a Friend can decide to reject the reviews from a blog without warning or justification.
- You agree to allow Trust a Friend to crawl your blog and display introductions to your reviews on Trust a Friend.
- You agree to allow Trust a Friend to make minor changes to the introductions to your reviews such as to correct spelling, layout, remove hyperlinks, etc.
- You agree to allow Trust a Friend to link to the original reviews.
- You agree to allow Trust a Friend to use and/or display any data on your blog marked-up with Microdata or Microformats.
- You agree to allow Trust a Friend to compile and display statistics for your blog.
- If you want introductions to your reviews removed from Trust a Friend, please send an email to: Click to reveal email address.
- You agree to grant Trust a Friend and its affiliates non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sublicensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display any materials, including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information, provided by you in the form of e-mail or submissions to Trust a Friend, or postings on this site, without acknowledgment or compenstation to you. You further agree that any such materials are non-confidential. You agree that the rights you grant here are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to Trust a Friend, including the execution of deeds and documents, at the request of Trust a Friend.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post;
that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to Trust a Friend:
- the content and material is accurate.
- use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable Trust a Friend terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory and does not present a person or organisation in a false light).
- Trust a Friend reserves the right and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any content and materials which you post on the website.
Disclosure of data to other users
You accept that:
- Any submissions that you make are visible to every other user on this website.
- Your submissions may be identified as being written by you.
Trust a Friend understands that privacy is important to you and will not share your data with any third parties with the following exceptions. You agree that:
- Trust a Friend may monitor, edit or disclose your personal information, including the content of your emails, if required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process or governmental request (such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order), or as otherwise provided in these terms and conditions.
- Personal information collected by Trust a Friend may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom and any other country in which Trust a Friend or its associated company may be operating.
- Your data may be stored and processed on servers anywhere in the world that Trust a Friend or its associated company use for hosting and administering this website.
- Trust a Friend can contact you, using the email address that you have provided, for any reasonable administrative purposes.
- In the event that Trust a Friend is sold, it can be sold complete with the associated user data.
You agree and understand that Trust a Friend may display ads and other information adjacent to and related to any information that you provide to or search for on the website. Trust a Friend serves relevant ads using an automated process that either targets dynamically changing content or cycles ads that may be of interest.
Trust a Friend is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
You understand that any maps on the site are automatically displayed using the details provided for a service. Trust a Friend makes no guarantees as to their accuracy or suitability.
- Trust a Friend is provided on an 'as is' basis and does not guarantee that the website will be available or suitable for your purposes and requirements.
- Trust a Friend is provided on an 'as available' basis and will not be liable for the availability, timeliness and reliability of the website. Further to this Trust a Friend will not be liable for any scheduled or non-scheduled interruptions of the website.
- Trust a Friend disclaims all responsibility for the security of the website and data held on it.
- Trust a Friend disclaims all responsibility for any material and/or information downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website which is to be used at you own discretion and that you will be soley responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
- Trust a Friend disclaims all responsibility for any viruses, corrupt files, or anything else with contaminating or destructive properties that may attack your computer or appear on your computer through your use of this website, websites connected with it, or external websites linked to through this website.
- Trust a Friend does not guarantee the accuracy nor completeness of any information contained on the website nor that the website will be error free.
- Trust a Friend is not responsibile for any transactions you may enter into through or after using this website.
- Trust a Friend does not endorse and is not liable for any reviews, statements, representations, or content provided by its users. It displays them without prejudice and without malice using an automated process.
- Trust a Friend hereby excludes liability for any claim, loss, demand or damage of any kind whatsoever, whether accidental, indirect, incidental or consequential with respect to the website and information on it.
You agree to indemnify Trust a Friend, and hold it and its associated company and employees harmless against any liabilities, losses, or expenses incurred by Trust a Friend and/or its associated company and employees however arising from or in any way related to your use of the website.
Giving Notice of Defamatory material
Trust a Friend accepts and displays content using a fully automated process. It would not be possible for us to check all the content that we display. We therefore have a system of reporting for problematic items on the website. To report a problem, please email us at: Click to reveal email address
Whichever way you give us notice, please let us know the following:
- What words you believe to be defamatory.
- The URL on this website where those words are located.
- Why you believe the words to be defamatory.
- Why you believe the words to be untrue.
Once we have received your notice we will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
Trust a Friend is owned and administered by vLife Systems Ltd, who can be contacted from their website.
Any notice required to be given under these Terms and Conditions will be in writing and in English and must be sent by you to Trust a Friend via the Contact us page or by the Requests/Feedback page accessed via the link in the footer once you have logged in.
English law will apply to the Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising will be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.